For those who are struggling with substance use disorders, individual therapy is one of the most helpful tools on the road to recovery. At Ethan Crossing of Columbus, we offer addiction therapy programs that are designed to complement group and family therapy sessions. During one-on-one sessions with a therapist, our clients learn more about the underlying causes of addiction like mental health issues or past trauma and develop healthy coping skills to avoid relapse in the future.
While in individual therapy, you’ll learn how to cope with the stress of daily life in a healthy way. These one-on-one sessions can give you an opportunity to work through challenging personal issues with an experienced professional.
Learn more about our individual therapy program by contacting Ethan Crossing of Columbus at 855.476.0078 today.
Our Individual Therapy Program
In individual therapy sessions, clients can have more personal and personalized discussions than in group therapy. We incorporate a number of different counseling techniques in our individual therapy program. Every individual in our care has been through a unique experience with substance use and mental health issues. We create customized treatment plans to meet our clients’ goals and needs.
Some of the addiction treatment therapies that we offer as part of our individual therapy program include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This approach helps clients better understand their thought patterns and reactions to certain situations or stimuli. CBT can help them make changes in their behavior and modify negative thought patterns.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT helps individuals in recovery recognize uncomfortable thoughts and learn to live in the present moment. DBT can also help minimize harmful behaviors.
- Contingency management – This approach gives clients incentives to maintain sobriety and avoid relapse.
- Motivational enhancement therapy – This type of therapy works best in the early stages of treatment and can help clients fully embrace their recovery plan.
Individual therapy is just one part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Every week, clients participate in group therapy and, in some cases, family therapy as well. All of these approaches to substance abuse treatment are designed to help our clients learn more about themselves and build the tools they need for sustainable recovery.
Learn more by contacting Ethan Crossing of Columbus today at 855.476.0078.
How Individual Therapy Aids Recovery
Why is individual therapy such an important part of our treatment plans? This approach to recovery offers a wide range of benefits, especially as part of a plan that includes group and family therapy. Some of these benefits include:
- Individual therapy can be customized for individuals from different backgrounds and of different ages
- Clients can discuss what they’ve learned in group therapy in one-on-one sessions
- Benefits continue to unfold even after completing an individual therapy program
- For those suffering from depression and anxiety, individual therapy can help them manage these mental health conditions more effectively
- Individual therapy makes it possible to address many issues at the same time
Individual sessions with a therapist can also help our clients improve relationships at work and in social situations. At Ethan Crossing of Columbus, our goal is to help our clients make lasting changes in their lives, and individual therapy can help.
Hope, Healing, and Support at Ethan Crossing of Columbus
Reach out to our Columbus recovery center today to begin your journey to recovery. We offer detox, a residential treatment program, an outpatient treatment program, and both group and individual therapy programs. We strive to help all of our clients recover fully and sustainably. Additionally, in our state-of-the-art center, clients have access to a fitness center, lounge and game rooms, and other amenities to help them unwind and reflect on what they have learned. Contact our team at 855.476.0078 or reach out online today to get started.